Ár Scéal. Is breá linn an nádúr. Tá bithéagsúlacht iontach againn mar táimid orgánach. Bíonn 30% níos mó polaineoirí beo ar ár feirm mar gheall ar sin. We are a biodiversity-friendly farm in Ballinasloe, Co. Galway. Beechlawn Organic Farm is a limited company started by husband & wife, Padraig Fahy and Úna Ní Bhroin in 2002. In 2023 we have a team of 20 super people working with us in the polytunnels, field, packhouse, office, sales and deliveries.
The seeds were first sown after Padraig and Úna met at The Organic College, Dromcollogher, Co. Limerick, and both qualified with Diplomas in Organic Horticulture. We started growing commercially in 2002, gradually building up the business since then. We sell our veg along with bought-in organic veg from other Irish growers and imported out-of-season fruit and veg from abroad. You can buy a home delivery veg box on our website, we also sell loose veg to speciality shops, restaurants, and market traders. We supply prepacked supermarket veg to shops around Ireland. In the polytunnels in Summertime, we have: courgette, cucumber, lettuce, tomatoes, scallions, and celery. In the Winter and Springtime, we grow salad leaves and spinach. Outside we grow beetroot, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, celeriac, kale, lettuce, onions, parsnips, and turnips. Every year we take on one or two farm apprentices with the Organic Growers of Ireland apprenticeship scheme. We also teach courses in commercial organic horticulture in conjunction with NOTS the National Organic Training Scheme.
- 1520 offers an array of dishes, from innovative small plate options perfect for a group, to appetite-zapping treats that showcase the best of the West of Ireland’s produce.
- The award-winning An Púcán Bar is the perfect place to get together with friends and have the craic.
- Aniar is a boutique restaurant using a terroir based philosophy to create dishes inspired by and using the produce of the West of Ireland.
- Armorica was born from the encounter between French technique and Irish food legacy.
- International Hotel School, offering programmes in Tourism, Hospitality and Culinary Education.
- Producers and distributors of organic fruit and vegetables.
- Supplies top end Hotels and Restaurants with Foraged Food’s. Foraging walks on the Sea Shore at low tide.
- Craft Burgers & Beers
- Brasserie on the Corner is a multi award-winning dining experience, having built a repetition as one…