POTA has three core values. Community, Sustainability and Quality. We are a small café in the heart of the Connemara Gaeltacht and the last eatery en route to the Aran Islands. Our focus is on local, seasonal, organic food prepared with a light touch to help it shine. All of our staff are fluent Irish speakers.
We have been fortunate to receive the following awards and recognition since opening in 2021:
Best Café, Galway, RAI Restaurant Awards, 2023, The Sunday Times Top 100 Restaurants 2023, Food and Wine Café of the Year 2022 Irish Times 100 Great Value Places to Eat, Nine Places to Eat Sustainably “If ever you were looking for the perfect Irish cafe, this is it” 8.5/10, Corinna Hardgrave, Irish Times, June 2022 Irish Times 100 Great Places to Eat, Summer 2022 & Lucinda O’Sullivan’s 100 Best Restaurants, April 2022
You might be interested in these
- A welcoming ambiance, delicious food, award winning cocktails, exclusive drinks selection, late bar and entertainment 7…
- MCDONAGH’S FISH & CHIPS QUAY STREET GALWAY.
- The award-winning An Púcán Bar is the perfect place to get together with friends and have the craic.
- Aniar is a boutique restaurant using a terroir based philosophy to create dishes inspired by and using the produce of the West of Ireland.
- We began our company Chef Laura Rosso selling burgers for friends from home.A few months later…